ETHICS & FRAUD HOTLINE
ASSISTING BUSINESSES AND GOVERNMENT INSTITUTIONS WITH THE REPORTING OF UNETHICAL AND FRAUDULENT ACTIVITIES
The King IV Code on Corporate Governance strongly recommends all organisations to have a whistleblowing mechanism in place so as to establish an ethical corporate culture.
To assist organisations in combating fraud and corruption, Advance Call has established the Ethics & Fraud Hotline. As part of the service, clients are also provided with awareness material and training. The Advance Call Ethics & Fraud Hotline is certified by The Ethics Institute as a Safeline-Ex service provider in accordance with the Safe Reporting Service Provider Standard
The Standard is based on the five guiding norms listed below, which balance whistleblower interests, organisational needs and operational requirements:
AS A SAFELINE-EX CERTIFIED WHISTLEBLOWING HOTLINE SERVICE PROVIDER, ADVANCE CALL PROVIDES:
- a completely independent, professionally run hotline
- seven dedicated communication channels for reporting disclosures
- continuous service – 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
- trained staff with extensive interviewing experience
- multilingual capability
- three options regarding identity, namely, anonymity, partial anonymity, or full disclosure
- guaranteed confidentiality of information
- leading-edge solution software, with instant access to information and real-time reports, including disclosure categories and analyses.
Advance Call’s Ethics Officer is certified with The Ethics Institute.
DISCLOSURES CAN BE REPORTED TO THE ETHICS & FRAUD HOTLINE ON ANY INCIDENTS OR BEHAVIOURS THAT CAN POSSIBLY BE CONSIDERED UNLAWFUL, UNETHICAL OR IRREGULAR. THE DISCLOSURES RECEIVED ARE CATEGORISED AS FOLLOWS:
- Fraud (forgery, falsification of documents/claims, identity theft, misrepresentation)
- Corruption (any form of bribery, third party collusion, contract and procurement irregularities)
- Theft (unlawful and intentional removal of company property, with the aim of permanently depriving the company of the benefit thereof)
- Misconduct (harassment, any form of discrimination, intimidation, abuse/misuse of company property, time and attendance abuse, abuse of authority)
- Unethical Behaviour (favouritism, nepotism, conflicts of interest).
The Advance Call Ethics & Fraud Hotline is available continuously (24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year).
Whistleblowers have the right to remain anonymous and Advance Call is therefore obliged to protect their identity.
When a disclosure is received by the Advance Call Ethics & Fraud Hotline, it is captured by Advance Call and reported to a relevant Client Recipient for investigation.
After the disclosure has been captured, Whistleblowers can enquire at any time about the status of such disclosure and the steps that have been taken. They can also provide more information and/or evidence.
The leading-edge Ethics & Fraud Hotline Solution Software, developed and implemented by Advance Call, provides all stakeholders (Whistleblower, Ethics & Fraud Hotline, Client Recipient and Client Investigator) with instant access to information and real-time reports, including disclosure categories and analyses.